I was recently fortunate enough to write a couple guest posts and be profiled in the Times Union’s groovy On The Edge blog written by Kristi Gustafson.
My profile can be read by clicking here. C’mon, you have to click it to see the corny photo of me blowing a bubble gum bubble!
Here is the content from the post I wrote about Capital Area Gems. Read it directly on Kristi’s blog by clicking here.
Being fairly new to the Capital Region, I have a different perspective than those of you who have lived here for years. My eyes are “new” and I am still in the mode of being an explorer and finding places.
Many times my husband will say to me, “I never even knew this place existed.” He’s lived in the area for most of his years.
Some of my recent favorite little finds are:
– Roosevelt Baths in Saratoga Springs – 40 minute carbonated mineral baths in a luxe spa setting for only $25
– Seasoned olive oil bread dipping sauce at Caffé Italia in Albany – I want to drink this garlicky concoction straight up!
– Aimee’s Dinner and Movie in Glens Falls – Eat a meal and drink some cocktails while watching a movie in comfy booths
– Bethel Woods museum about the 60’s and Woodstock – unleash your inner hippie at this modern, interactive experience
– Cheese pizza from Ferretti’s in Clifton Park – paper-thin crust and a simple sauce is heaven for less than $10
– Workouts at The Pilates Principle in Latham – a peaceful, upscale studio where you lose track of the fact that you’re working on your fitness
– Dosai (huge filled rice and lentil crepe) at Karavelli in Latham – it may be bigger than my upper body, but I can eat the whole delicious thing
– Albany All Stars Roller Derby bouts – you can’t go wrong with tattooed girls in fishnets and on roller skates
I am excited about finding more little nooks and crannies and activities in the area. What are your favorite little pleasures and places in Upstate?